Welcome New Students!
We are so glad you have chosen Indiana University. We are here to support you so you can fulfill your college experience. Below you will find a checklist of important information about our services and immunization/health form requirements for incoming students. Please click on links for more detailed information.
IU Health Center services include:
- Medical Clinic,CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services),Health and Wellness,Immunizations, Travel Clinic
- Medical Ancillary Services – Pharmacy, Lab,Radiology, Eye Clinic, and Physical Therapy
Health documentation requirements for incoming students:
- Immunization requirements and Instructions on submitting to Registrar
- Click here to read more about the new meningococcal vaccine requirements
- Health forms – No physical exam is required, just a completed a health history questionnaire found on your Patient Portal Account
- Consent for Treatment of Minor form if student aged 17 or under
- Do you have a chronic illness? We suggest you provide a letter from your provider with a list of current medications to the Health Information Management department, Fax: (812) 855-4245, or make an appointment with one of our physicians when you get to campus to establish a relationship here.
How to Access Medical Services:
- Open weekdays from 8:00-4:30 all year and Urgent Walk-In care most Saturdays 10-2 Fall/Spring semesters
- Most of our services are by appointment, and for many health needs you can schedule an appointment online. We have many same day appointments available each day. For health problems that cannot be found on online scheduler, or if you prefer, call our appointment line– 812-855-7688.
- Have an urgent health problem with no available appointment? Call …or come in to room 216 to speak with a nurse.
- Do you have an urgent health concern and we are closed? Call After-hours nurse line 812-855-4011. If you feel it is a life threatening problem, please call 911 or go to your nearest hospital.
How to Access CAPS:
- Open weekdays 8:00-4:30 all year. Call 812-855-5711 to schedule an appointment.
- Students who are experiencing a severe crisis may walk in to the CAPS fourth floor IU Health Center location and be seen in a timely manner.
- Experiencing a crisis outside of our business hours? Call 812-855-5711 and select option 1 to speak with a crisis counselor.
- Experienced a sexual assault? Call 812-855-8900 any time or day of the year.
How to Pay for Services and Access records: