Sports Performance & Fitness Health
The Sports Performance and Fitness Health Clinic provides specialized service for IU students who would like to improve their current state of fitness and health. We focus on the idea that individuals successfully moving from one state of fitness along the spectrum to an improved state have at least four things in common:
- They are more physically active
- They make more conscious nutritional choices and have a plan.
- They have a psyche that aligns with their goals.
- They have a support system helping them reach their goals.
Our services are designed to focus on these four components to work toward successful fitness health. We partner with other Health Center and campus resources to provide nutritional education, behavior modification, and to address physical activity levels.
The clinic will provide the following services:
- Pre-participation sports physicals
- Medical consultation for weight loss and weight gain, including those with medical barriers to exercise
- Injury clinic for sport-related injury
- Concussion clinic with baseline neurocognitive testing
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional services
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Sport Psychology and counseling services
If you would like to make an appointment, please call 812-855-7688 and asked to be scheduled with David Fletcher, MD.