- IU Health Center
- For information or an appointment
Employee Wellness Coaching
Visualize and achieve your goals with the help of a certified wellness coach. Be happy, healthy, and productive in life and on campus.
Wellness coaches facilitate mindset and behavior change to generate sustainable healthy lifestyles that foster well-being. Indiana University Health Center’s Employee Wellness Coaching program takes an integrated approach using both a medical component and a wellness component along with adjunctive care options like massage, nutrition counseling, manual therapy, aromatherapy, biofeedback, and more.
Whether you’re looking for assistance with weight loss, managing health conditions, physical performance, mental performance, or improving overall wellness, we can help.
Our certified wellness coaches are healthcare professionals trained in behavior change theory, motivational strategies, and communication techniques, which are used to assist clients to develop intrinsic motivation and obtain skills to create sustainable change for improved health and well-being. Our coaches have been trained and certified in the latest coaching practices through prestigious programs at Wellcoaches®, Mayo Clinic, and/or Duke Integrative Medicine.
Participants will start with a brief medical assessment to aid in an appropriate referral if there are medical barriers determined during the initial visit (i.e. “see your family doctor to be evaluated for arthritis and receive treatment as needed”). This will be immediately followed by 45 minutes with a wellness coach, who will help you identify your priorities and develop a personal wellness plan including a vision, three month goals and the first steps.
In subsequent 30-minute coaching sessions, each week, month, or quarter, you and your coach will review the progress toward your vision and goals, explore and resolve the most pressing issues, learn something new, then agree on a set of goals for the following appointment. There will be plenty of “ah-ha!” insights along the way.
Wellness coaches are trained to help you, as a client, develop and implement personal wellness plans by:
- Accepting and meeting you where you are today
- Asking you to take charge
- Guiding you in doing the mindful thinking and work that builds confidence
- Helping you define a higher purpose for wellness and uncover your natural impulse to be well
- Helping you tap into your innate fighting spirit and harness the strength you need to overcome obstacles
- Addressing your mental and physical health
- Helping you create a personal wellness blueprint
- Helping you set realistic long-term and short-term goals
- Helping you view obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow
- Helping you build a support team
- Inspiring and challenging you to go beyond where you would go alone
By the end of three months, you can expect to reach more than 70% of your three-month goals and feel energized and confident to embark on new areas with or without your coach.
- Initial appointment: 60 minutes, $115
- Follow up appointments: 30 minutes, $30
*Visits will be submitted to Blue Cross Blue Shield plans.