Fees & Payments
IU Health Fee
The IU Health Fee entitles you to affordable medical care and other services. IU students who meet the criteria below automatically pay the IU Health Fee each semester:
- Spring and fall semesters: Registered for more than three credit hours
- Summer semester: Registered for six or more credit hours
If you are registered for fewer credit hours, you may voluntarily pay the IU Health Fee directly to the IU Health Center. It will not apply retroactively to any previous IU Health Center charges.
Care for IU students, their spouses or domestic partners, and their children aged 12 and older is also provided on a fee-for-service basis.
IU Health Center is not affiliated with Indiana University Health (IU Health), its hospitals, urgent care clinics, or physicians. Your IU Health Fee for IU-B students will not cover treatment you receive through any of the IU Health off campus facilities.
What the IU Health Fee Covers
- Your Health Fee entitles you to routine medical office visits for $45. STI Screening visits are available at a reduced rate of $25, by appointment only. To qualify for the STI screening reduced rate, patients can not have any STI symptoms and do not require a physical exam or prescription treatment at the time of visit.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Your Health Fee entitles you to two visits (excluding psychiatry) per semester to Counseling and Psychological Services at no charge. There is a $35 fee for each subsequent visit during each semester.
Health & Wellness
Your Health fee entitles you to health education information, including contraception updates, tobacco cessation services, and one nutritionist appointment per semester at no additional charge.
The Health Fee does not include visits to medical specialists or any of the following additional services which have additional charges, when used:
- Allergy shots
- Dressing changes
- Lab tests
- Medical or orthopedic supplies
- Physical examinations (sports, overseas travel, employment, etc.)
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medications
- Wart treatments
- X-rays and X-ray reading fees
- Other services
You can pay for your services and pick up an itemized receipt by stopping by the cashier after your visit. We accept cash, check, credit and debit cards. Enrolled students can skip the checkout line and have their charges automatically sent to the Bursar’s Office. If you choose this option, we will send an encrypted email with an itemized receipt to your IU email address. Look for this email a few days after your service.
Health Insurance Reimbursement
The IU Health Center is contracted with Blue Cross Blue Shield for their PPO products and with Aetna Student Health (international students). The Health Center will submit claims to these companies. Contact Blue Cross & Blue Shield to see if Indiana University Health Center is in-network with your plan. Please note: Lab services are only covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield when they are ordered by an IU Health Center provider.
For all other insurance companies, you may be eligible for reimbursement if you submit a copy of your itemized receipt. Ask for this receipt when you check out with the cashier.
Please note: The IU Health Center is NOT a Medicaid or Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP) provider. In order to maximize your benefits with these plans, you must use an in-network provider.