Tips for Virtual Visits
We now offer “virtual visits” so you can meet with a Student Health Center provider from the comfort of your residence. We want to make it easy for you to get help.
How to get the most out of your virtual visit:
- Identify what you want to get out of the session or the most important topic to discuss – this helps you get the most out of your visit!
- Choose a quiet place where you can be alone and without distractions (e.g., pets), and close the door.
- Use earbuds or keep the audio level low – this helps protect your privacy!
- Sit upright instead of lying down – this helps you to be more engaged!
If you choose a video session:
- Use your laptop instead of phone/tablet and place it on a table (not your lap), so that you are looking at the counselor at eye level.
- Place a light source (e.g., window, lamp) behind your camera; this helps the counselor see your face.