- IU Health Center
- For information, call Muhammad Saahir at
Let’s Talk: Multicultural Outreach Program
Sometimes you just need to talk.
College students can have many stressors–academics, relationships, roommates, depression, and more. Our Let’s Talk Now program emphasizes self-understanding and finding solutions to your problems. We offer services in English, Mandarin, and Spanish.
What’s Let’s Talk?
- Let’s Talk Now is a free and confidential informal conversation with an emphasis on self-understanding and finding solutions to your problems. In addition to your walk-in conversation, Let’s Talk Now connects you to other accessible campus resources, both informal and formal.
- Let’s Keep Talking is for when you need more than just a friendly chat. Professional counselors are available to meet and address any more complex issues. Students who have paid the student health fee receive two free appointments every semester as part of their CAPS counseling visit allotment.
Our diverse group of consultants and counselors come from Indiana University Health Center’s Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) and the School of Education’s Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology.
What’s the first step?
Drop in to talk informally with a Let’s Talk Now consultant about anything at all. Counselors are available to talk and there’s no pressure to continue beyond this free and confidential initial conversation.
Spring 2019 Let’s Talk Now Hours:
- Eigenmann Hall, Room 738, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Hudson and Holland, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- LGBTQ+ Culture Center, 1 to 3 p.m.
Let’s Keep Talking hours are available by appointment. Call 812-855-5711 to get started.
Indiana University Health Center wishes to thank Cornell University and the Gannett Health Services’ Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), who developed the foundation for which we’ve based our Let’s Talk Program. We are deeply grateful for their willingness to share this program and allowing us to build upon their great work.