Internet addiction is for real. It’s a compulsive behavior that causes people to isolate themselves from others, put off their obligations, and engage in potentially self-destructive or illegal behaviors.
Signs of Internet Addiction
- Are you spending 3 or more hours a day online?
- Are you online when you would normally sleep?
- Do you skip or delay eating so you can be online?
- Are you choosing to go online rather than spend time with friends face to face?
- Are you skipping class to go online?
- Do you ever spend more time online than you first intended to?
- Do you ever tell yourself "I'll just check my email," and then stay online?
- Are your grades slipping?
- Have you tried to stop and find you can't?