Tips for Virtual Visits
We now offer “virtual visits” so you can meet with a Health Center provider from the comfort of your residence. We want to make it easy for you to get help.
How to get the most out of your virtual visit:
- Identify what you want to get out of the session or the most important topic to discuss – this helps you get the most out of your visit!
- Choose a quiet place where you can be alone and without distractions (e.g., pets), and close the door.
- Use earbuds or keep the audio level low – this helps protect your privacy!
- Sit upright instead of lying down – this helps you to be more engaged!
If you choose a video session:
- Use your laptop instead of phone/tablet and place it on a table (not your lap), so that you are looking at the counselor at eye level.
- Place a light source (e.g., window, lamp) behind your camera; this helps the counselor see your face.