Let us help you improve mobility and reduce pain
Did you know you can have physical therapy (PT) right on campus? You’ll need a prescription from a physician, podiatrist, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, chiropractor, or dentist to begin PT at the Student Health Center. Make sure you make your appointment within 60 days of the date the prescription was written.
We see all IU Bloomington students, their spouses, and their dependents age 12 and older. We also see IU Bloomington employess and their spouses (as our schedule allows).
At your first appointment, we’ll get a history of your injury and how it affects your daily activities. You’ll get a physical exam so we can determine what problems need to be addressed, and we’ll customize a care plan for you.
Our goal is to relieve your pain, restore function, and return you to your fullest level of activity in school, work, recreation, and sports. Treatment may include:
- Functional dry needling
- Hot packs
- Cold packs
- Manual therapy, including the Graston technique
- Electrical stimulation
- Supervised exercises in the clinic
- Instruction for a home exercise program
- Education about ergonomics of work, study, and music performance that may help you avoid repetitive stress injuries
- Education on your condition and self-management techniques