Does the Student Health Center perform abortion?
No. The Student Health Center does not provide surgical or medical abortions, but we provide other reproductive health related services and can answer questions and discuss options for pregnancy and childbirth.
What is Indiana’s law regarding abortions?
Effective September 15, 2022, abortions are permitted in cases of rape and incest, before 10-weeks post-fertilization; to protect the life and physical health of the mother; or if a fetus is diagnosed with a lethal anomaly. Abortions can be performed only in hospitals or outpatient centers owned by hospitals.
For further information, pregnancy testing and/or support services you may contact:
- IU Student Health Center, Medical Clinic: 812-855-6203
- IU Student Health Center, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): 812-855-5711
- IU Student Health Center, Health and Wellness: 812-855-7338
- Planned Parenthood of Indiana - Bloomington Health Center: 812-336-0219
- All-Options Pregnancy Resource Center: 812-558-0089
The following websites may also be helpful: