Food for thought
As a busy college student, it can be hard to eat right. Whether you’re grabbing lunch in the IMU between classes or craving a late-night C-store snack while you study, you have to make choices about what you’re fueling your body with.
If you’re not satisfied with the way you feel, changing your diet may help. With a little planning, you can easily put together meals that are satisfying and nutritious, and that give you the energy you need to get through a long day of classes.
How we can help
Want to take charge of healthy eating? Make an appointment with one of our registered dietitians today. You’ll learn to plan healthy meals, navigate the grocery store, and eat mindfully. We can:
- Assess your current diet and offer advice.
- A well-diet assessment will help you ensure you’re getting the nutrients and energy you need.
- A vegetarian/vegan diet assessment will help you make healthy, meat-free choices.
- Help you with special dietary issues, such as irritable bowel syndrome, food allergies, diabetes and hypoglycemia, high cholesterol, or other concerns.
- Talk with you about healthy weight management to help you choose healthy, safe options for weight loss, weight gain, or maintenance.
- Give you information about athletic performance and nutrition.
- Provide counseling and support for eating disorders.
We also offer nutrition education and behavior modification to help improve nutritional well-being, cooking advice, and tips for planning meals and buying food.